Export Control Organisation
Animals, plants, food and agricultural products
- live animals and animal products (excluding food for animals)
- food for animals
- live animals, semen and embryos under the Balai Directive
- live fish and shellfish
- live aquatic animals like molluscs and crustaceans
- endangered plant and animal species, and products made from them
- plants and plant products (excluding timber)
Chemicals, drugs and waste
Controlled goods include military items, dual-use items (items with both civil and military uses)firearms and items that can be used for torture or capital punishment.
Goods and services used for both civilian and military purposes (dual use)
Check if you need a licence if you:
- export high-tech products like specialist computers, radios and other communications equipment
- develop software that could be used for information security systems (for example, cryptographic technology)
- share information, knowledge or skills that could be used to make weapons
There are different types of sanctions for finance, trade and immigration. You may also not be allowed to export to someone on the financial sanctions list.
Check if your goods or services will be controlled by UK sanctions after a no-deal Brexit when exporting.