Department Of Health
Liverpool City Region is in local COVID alert level: very high.
Local COVID alert level: very high is for areas with a very high level of infections and where tighter restrictions are in place. Local COVID alert levels are sometimes called tiers or known as a local lockdown.
The restrictions placed on areas with a very high level of infections can vary, and are based on discussions between central and local government on the measures required to reduce the spread.
Affected local areas
The following locations are covered by this additional guidance:
- St Helens
Business and venues
In addition to the baseline guidance for very high areas, the following businesses are not allowed to open in Liverpool City Region:
- betting shops
- adult gaming centres
- soft play centres and areas (closed from 24 October)
- indoor gyms (will reopen from 24 October)
- fitness and dance studios (will reopen from 24 October)
- sports facilities (will reopen for all users from 24 October) there is currently an exemption for:
- organised indoor team sports for disabled people
- under-18s activities
Wherever you live, you may be able to get financial help through the: