Department For Education
The school exclusion reviews data collection is a statutory return that all local authorities submit to us every January. You must complete statutory data collections by law unless theres a good reason not to.
The data collection records the number and outcomes of all exclusion reviews that parents or guardians lodge (ask for) and that an independent review panel determines (decides) during the academic year.
It applies to:
- schools and alternative provision (AP) settings maintained by the local authority
- academies and free schools
AP settings are places that provide education for children who cannot go to a mainstream school.
The 2020 data collection:
- opens on 8 January 2020
- closes on 29 January 2020
Submit your data
Youll need to:
- register and log in with DfE Sign-in
- use COLLECT to submit your data
Please contact your school or local authority approver, if:
- you want to request a DfE Sign-in username or password so you can access COLLECT
- school exclusion reviews data is not on the list of collections you can see in COLLECT
Get help using DfE Sign-in
If you do not know who your approver is, please use the DfE Sign-in request form.
If youve forgotten your password, use DfE Sign-in to reset it. You will need to click Start now and then the Ive forgotten my password link.
Note that well only be able to change the status of your data submission to authorised once youve cleared all errors in the data in COLLECT.
- COLLECT guides for schools and local authorities
- School exclusion reviews data collection 2020: guide for local authorities
Do you need help?
Please use the data collections service request form if you have any questions about your data. We aim to answer your question within 5 working days.
Please use the feedback form if you have any comments about our data collection service, including COLLECT and the helpdesk service.