Arts and Culture
Technology businesses in London are helping the city outperform every other European capital, Minister Jo Johnson has heard.
The Minister for London visited Amazon Web Services to host a roundtable meeting of tech start-ups, which was told that the city attracted 13.8 billion of investment between 2012 and 2016, more than Paris, Berlin and Amsterdam combined.
Among the attendees were Goodbox, a firm developing contactless devices to help charity and non-profit sectors raise money by making it easier for people to donate.
Minister for London Jo Johnson said:
London has always been at the forefront of developing emerging technologies.
The citys technology sector will continue to flourish for years to come and it was great to see so many companies which are leading the way, using new innovations to help make peoples lives easier.
The Digital and Industrial Strategies sets out how the government will build on the success by building a world-leading digital economy that works for everyone including supporting the social sector to become digitally confident.
News desk enquiries
Media enquiries 020 7944 3021
Out of hours media enquiries 020 7944 4292
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments