Guidance: Find a professional to certify export health certificates

Animal Plant Health Agency

October 23
13:17 2019


If you want to export animals and animal products from the UK, you need to nominate someone to sign an export health certificate.

This will be an official vet or sometimes a local authority inspector (usually an environmental health officer). They will check your consignment meets the health requirements of the destination country.

Use this list to find a vet or local authority inspector who can certify your consignment.

The list does not include every certifier in England, Scotland and Wales. And not every certifier will be able to certify every consignment. Check the details in the list to make sure you are choosing the right one.If you cannot find what you need ask your local vet or email

If youre in Northern Ireland contact DAERA.

Theres no fee for the certificate but youll be charged for your vet or inspectors time.

If your organisation offers certification, and you want to be added to the list, email

Published 8 February 2019
Last updated 23 October 2019 +show all updates
  1. Added East Dunbartonshire Council entry in the Scotland EHC list
  2. Charnwood Borough Council entry changed to Leicestershire only.
  3. Added new suppliers to England, Scotland and Wales.
  4. Added 30 vet and 7 local authority certifiers in England, Scotland and Wales.
  5. Added contact details for local authority inspectors
  6. First published.

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: