Academy For Justice Commissioning
John Postlethwaite, Programme Manager, Calderstones NHS Foundation Trust
Teddy Prout, National Development Manager: children, families and education, Mencap
Evidence tells us that offenders with a learning disability represent a major challenge to those working in prison and community settings. By sharing the lessons learnt from a recent project, joint funded by NOMS and Calderstones NHS Foundation Trust, John and Teddy highlighted how this challenge presents major opportunities. Opportunities which will not only benefit offenders with a learning disability, but may have a significant impact on service delivery and efficiency.
Adopting a simple approach based on communication, the project has demonstrated not only how frontline staff can be empowered but also how organisations can think more critically about how they seek to engage and inform offenders.
This free seminar offered insight into the key messages, how they may be put into practice and the implications for both those commissioning and delivering services.
Please see the attached slide pack for further information.
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments